Seek approval for substantial changes in educational programming

The NYSED expects colleges and universities to obtain its approval for “substantial” changes in any educational program it has already registered.  Since proper registration is a condition for awarding students financial aid funded by both New York State and the federal government, schools should be familiar with the type of program changes that require NYSED approval.  These are described on the web page, Substantive Changes: New York State Education Department.