Use the proper proposal forms

To create a new program or modify an existing one, schools need to complete both a University application and forms that the New York State Education Department (NYSED) requires for its own review of educational programming.

Applications for new or changes to existing programs are entered through the Academic Program Approval System (APAS). Please contact the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Programs (OVPAP) at or (212) 854-2691 for access to APAS. Schools should also consult OVPAP for guidance on NYSED forms.

Schools should not change any of the NYSED’s forms and tables since that could lead the Department to reject the proposal without considering its content.