Change in Tracks Within Registered Programs

The New York State Education Department (NYSED) does not require the separate registration of tracks within a registered program, nor is it necessary to obtain a separate approval for a concentration in subject areas in which students may also major as long as the University has a registered program in that area.

Nonetheless, the University does need the NYSED’s approval to add a new track or concentration to a previously registered program.  Similarly, the Department expects the University to report the elimination of a track or concentration so that it can update its inventory.