Changes in the Names of Registered Programs

When a school changes the name of a program, the University must report it to NYSED for their approval. This is true even if the new name is not accompanied by any other changes in the program’s curriculum. Please note that once a name change is approved by NYSED, the old name is removed from the state inventory and replaced by the new name. Thus, from that point forward, all students enrolled in the program must complete it under the new name. If you have any questions, please reach out to OVPAP (