New Programs Previously Tracks in Other Registered Programs

The New York State Education Department (NYSED) distinguishes between new degree programs that begin as tracks or concentrations in already registered programs and those that do not.  The NYSED approves new programs that were not part of previously registered programs through its process for new registrations.  If a school wishes to turn a track or concentration in an existing program into a separate program, the University must ask the NYSED to authorize a change in registration.

The University, on the other hand, reviews proposals for turning tracks into separate programs through its normal process for evaluating requests to start a new program, as described in other pages of this web site.